WHEN & WHERE IS
YOURS & OWLS FESTIVAL 2023?
Yours & Owls Festival is a two-day music festival in Wollongong, NSW.
This year, for the first time, you’ll find us at the University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Gwynneville NSW 2500 on:
14th October 2023: 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm
15th October 2023: 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
The new Yours and Owls Festival site is located 80km, or an hour south of Sydney, and 2 km from Wollongong CBD. Getting to Yours and Owls 2023 by bus, train or plane is easy. Check out the details below to plan your travels.
Yours and Owls is an 18+ festival, which means no minors or kids. A valid photo ID will be required to enter the festival. Check our conditions of entry for acceptable forms of ID.
Don’t forget to pre plan & pick a spot to meet your mates.
Download the map at the top of the page
Yes! There will be key-operated lockers available for you to rent for the duration of the festival.
You’ll be able to store small items, merch, coats and other items you don’t want to cart around the
festival simply go to this link to pre-book your locker!
October in Wollongong is stunning. Warm days and cool evenings. Patrolled beaches are suitable for swimming. We recommend checking the weather forecast and dressing appropriately before you set out for Yours and Owls Festival.
Yours & Owls Festival has moved to the University of Wollongong because it is a weather-tolerant site. It’s no secret that A LOT of rain can be detrimental to a music festival! But anything less than catastrophic means the show must go on! In the unlikely event of a show cancellation tickets will be refunded in full. Please see our ticketing terms and conditions for more information.
There sure will be! Head back to the front gate if you’ve lost an item and our friendly customer service team at the information desk will try our best to help you!
There is nothing worse than forgetting those very important products. But we’ve got you covered! We will have sanitary products available from the Event Information desk at the entrance, or our VIP concierge
Yours & Owls will be bringing you a whole host of delicious food and drink options to complement your festival experience. Think savoury, sweet, hot, cold, snacks, treats, vegan, GF, allergen-free.
Sorry, no food is to be brought into the festival.
Please note, exceptions can be made for people who have severe allergies or special medical conditions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org IN ADVANCE if this applies to you.
We strongly encourage everyone to stay hydrated and keep up the H2O. You can bring an EMPTY bottle into the festival and hook into one of the many free drinking water outlets scattered across the festival. PS: Glass water bottles and anything over 800ml will not be permitted. Security has the right to confiscate water bottles if they are considered unsafe.
Yours & Owls is a cashless event. All payments must be made using a card or digital wallet.
Applications have closed for 2023!
Applications have closed for 2023!
This year’s line-up is filled to the brim, but if you’d like to join our database of talent, email email@example.com
Chairs are not permitted into this event. For those with mobility and accessibility needs please check out our accessibility information page.
Working industry professionals can submit an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment can be made by AMEX, Visa, Mastercard or PayPal only via Moshtix.
Yes. Paypal ‘Pay in 4’ with no interest and no late fees is available as a payment option when you purchase your tickets through Moshtix.
Yes, they are. A festival ticket will not give you access to the campsite, and the campsite ticket will not get you into the festival. You will need to purchase separate festival and camping tickets.
Yes, absolutely! Your ticket must match your valid ID. Name change services are available through Moshtix.
If plans change and you can no longer attend Yours & Owls, official ticket resale is available within your Moshtix account (via private link), or our official resale partner, Tixel. Visit Tixel here to sell your ticket.
Refunds are guided by the ticketing Terms and Conditions. As a general principal, there are not refund on tickets except as required by law and/or as specified by the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
Accepted ID includes;
♥ Australian Drivers Licence.
♥ NSW Digital Drivers Licence.
♥ Australian or another passport.
♥ NSW photo card.
♥ Proof of age card issued by a public authority of the Commonwealth or of another
State or Territory for the purpose of attesting to a person’s identity and age.
All ID must be in-date and not expired
Please note we reserve the right to request a secondary proof of ID if we suspect the first form is false.
Proof of age card issued by a public authority of the Commonwealth or of another State or Territory for the purpose of attesting to a person’s identity and age.
All ID must be in-date and not expired, so make a note to double-check this the week of the festival!
Please note we reserve the right to request a secondary proof of ID if we suspect the first form is false.
Are you ready to experience our festival in the most luxurious way possible? Then purchase or upgrade to our VIP package for a truly unforgettable experience!
As a VIP guest at Yours and Owls 2023, you’ll enjoy a range of exclusive perks and benefits, including:
Priority entry via the VIP-only entrance lane into the festival
- VIP Hosts – Queens Ellawarra & Ruby
Exclusive premium food and beverage offerings
VIP concierge service to help out with any and all festival needs
An exclusive VIP bar with hang out space located in view of the Main Stage
Complimentary lockers and cloak service at the VIP hub (At the locker service – main entry, Limited availability)
Complimentary phone charging service (At THA Plug, limited availability)
Complimentary Wi-Fi (at the VIP area)
Complimentary Glam bar with GLITORIS from 1:00pm – 4:00pm daily
- Complimentary masseuse 2:00pm – 6:00pm daily (Limited availability)
- Dine In Experience with Mia Mia! – VIP guests will be able to pre-book before arriving or walk in (talk about a perfect festival date)
- Night Parrot Pop Up
Our VIP package is designed to provide you with a luxurious and hassle-free festival experience, allowing you to sit back, relax, and enjoy all the excitement and entertainment without the dense crowds or lines.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to experience our festival like a true VIP!
If you’ve already got GA and want to upgrade to our VIP package (only while they last!), simply contact Moshtix directly here
Fans will be able to resell their tickets within their Moshtix account (via private listing), or our official resale partner, Tixel. Visit Tixel here to sell your ticket.
Your Ticket name and valid ID must match. You can easily do a name change via your Moshtix account so everything lines up when you get to the gate on the day http://bit.ly/MoshNameChange
If you’re having issues locating your ticket check your spam/junk/promotions folder first. If you are unable to locate your ticket in any of those folders, you can check your active tickets on your Moshtix account page and hit reissue, where they will be sent to your registered email address
Yours & Owls Events Pty Ltd. Information & FAQ’s V8 Page 5 of 2 again. If you purchased your ticket using a guest account, you can create a Moshtix account using the email address used to buy the tickets and they will be listed on your new account.
If you are still having trouble locating your tickets, the action will be to get in touch with Moshtix directly so they can resolve the issue on their end. It’ll include a link to their customer service portal: https://bit.ly/moshsupport
Moshtix is the only authorized ticket seller for Yours and Owls and all tickets must be purchased through Moshtix to be valid at the gate. Fans will be able to control their tickets via their Moshtix account which will include the ability to change the name on the ticket, resell their ticket (via private link), resend their tickets to themselves and access Moshtix Fan Experience.
Official resale is available at any time via the Tixel marketplace.
Tickets listed on Tixel are verified to ensure authenticity and all sellers will be required to process a name change via their Moshtix account to ensure that the buyer’s ticket is valid for entry, in line with the name on ticket policy.
GETTING TO YOURS & OWLS FESTIVAL
North Wollongong Train Station is the closest station to the festival grounds. The station is on the South Coast Line which travels down from Sydney, or up from Bomaderry. From here you can jump on a 2-minute shuttle bus ride which will drop you right at the festival.
Additional services and carriages have been added to support the event. Check out the Transport NSW website to plan your trip in advance.
Train tickets to/from the event (on event days only) are included in your event ticket. You must be able to present your valid event ticket to the train staff, so be sure that you have this either on your mobile or your paper print out with you when traveling at all times (All tickets must match the name on your valid form of ID)
Shuttle buses will be operating around Wollongong to get you to and from the festival. Pick-up locations will include
- Campground – Wollongong Surf Leisure Resort, from Fairy meadow Surf Live saving club. (Campers ticket holders only)
- North Wollongong Train Station. Here.
- YOURS & OWLS FESTIVAL! (The University of Wollongong Grounds).
Dedicated event shuttles will run frequently from the above stops from one hour prior to gates, up until the last bus two hours after the event.
Shuttle services will have accessible buses available on some buses, please email email@example.com for more information.
Private shuttles and bus services must contact us in advance for access to the bus areas. Bus and shuttle operators can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow the directional signage and instructions from traffic controllers, wayfinding team, security guards and police officers.
There are plenty of options to travel to and from Yours and Owls 2023, and the Illawarra has a great network of buses. We suggest utilising our event shuttles where possible.
Please note that the everyday buses that stop on Northfields Avenues are impacted by detours & road closures, please visit transport NSW if you intend to use these services.
Check out the Transport NSW website to plan your trip.
Yours & Owls Festival has a designated taxi, rideshare and drop off and pick up zones at the festival site.
This zone is located on Northfields Avenue here, please follow all detours and traffic control. The speed limit is reduced, and watch out for padestrians!
From here, you’ll need to walk to the festival entrance here, is around 10 minutes. If that’s scary, jump on the dedicated event shuttles from North Wollongong stations, these drop you closer to the entrance.
If you have accessibility requirements, please email email@example.com for more information and assistance in advance (before the festival day) – we have resources available to help you.
You can now pre-purchase parking ahead of event day, please read details below BUTTON GET PARKING TICKETS HERE
We do not recommend driving to the festival site. Instead, save the planet and save yourself the hassle of having to make a last-minute plan B and jump on the transport options listed above for the quickest way in.
If you do need to drive and park, try and carpool with your mates. There will be a limited amount of event parking nearby. Dedicated event parking will be located at the TAFE, just over the motorway, a short walk from the site. Please enter via Foleys Lane here
The festival will have a designated drop-off and pick-up zone for private vehicles. Check back closer to the date for specific locations.
Before setting out, it’s worth checking road conditions and potential roadwork delays. In NSW, go to livetraffic.com.
When driving long distances, remember to avoid fatigue by taking regular breaks or sharing the driving.
Remember to be a good pedestrian and follow all the normal road rules! Please follow signage and instructions from traffic controllers, wayfinding staff, security guards and police officers. Please treat everyone working at the festival with respect and kindness, they are here to ensure we all have an enjoyable and safe experience.
ALL THINGS SAFETY…
We plan thoroughly with NSW emergency services and health and welfare services to keep you safe and supported whilst at our event. Our facilities and services include
- Medical Centre, and first aid stations
- Information/help desk
- Harm minimisation teams, with mental health support
- Shelter and free water
- Accessible facilities
- Rest and chill out areas
- Lost and found services
- Security teams
- Police support
- Breath testing facilities
- Phone charging facilities
We want to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience, so we ask that you keep the following safety guidelines in mind:
- Have a plan: Know where you’re going and who you’re going with. Have a designated meeting spot in case you get separated from your group.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially if you’re spending time in the sun or participating in physical activities.
- Wear sunscreen: Protect your skin from the sun by applying sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Reapply throughout the day as needed.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Keep an eye out for any hazards or potential dangers, such as uneven terrain or unsafe behaviour.
- Report any concerns: If you see something that doesn’t feel right, report it to festival staff or security immediately.
- Respect others: Treat others with respect and kindness. Any form of harassment or violence will not be tolerated.
- Stay hygienic: Wash your hands regularly, Especially after going to the loo.
- Stick to designated walkways and crossings.
Remember to have fun, but always prioritize your safety and the safety of those around you. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask a festival staff member or security personnel.
Yours & Owls Festival is a licensed event which means no BYO alcohol.
Bags will be checked for alcohol when you arrive.
There will be a wide variety of bars across the festival. You will need to observe and adhere to any signage about local licensing laws and Responsible Service of Alcohol practices.
These are some of the rules:
- All drinks will be opened at the point of service.
- Beverages are limited per transaction, so best to make sure your mates go with you to the bar.
- Patrons showing signs of intoxication may be asked to leave the event. You must comply with our staff’s direction.
- Low and mid-strength alcohol options will always be available.
- Free water stations will be available at each bar, and throughout the festival.
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks will always be available.
- You cannot leave the festival with your drink. Security will be monitoring exits to make sure no alcohol leaves the festival.
Please drink responsibly, know your limits and keep up the H2O. Be respectful when our team intervenes!
There are no pass outs.
You cannot leave the event and come back again later that day.
So please dress appropriately for the weather and bring everything you need to the festival when you arrive e.g., a hat, a jacket and your empty water bottle (remember, not glass & smaller than 800ml!).
The festival medical team will be on-site for your first aid needs. You can visit them at one of the First Aid tents or approach a uniformed, roving First Aider.
Remember to slip, slop slap, seek and slide and keep up the H2O to avoid heat exhaustion. You can find free sunscreen available at all First Aid and welfare stations.
There will be chill-out zones and welfare support services throughout the festival if you feel like you need some time out or support.
Make sure you bring the essentials:
- Your phone.
- Your ID! This is a must have.
- A bank card (we are cash-free).
- Sun protection! Sunnies, and a hat. Free sunscreen will be available at the medical tents at the festival.
- An empty water bottle smaller than 800ml (But not a glass one).
- A jacket for when the sun goes down!
- Necessary (sealed) medication – Please register medication in advance with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Medication must be in its sealed, in original packaging, with the dispensed pharmacy sticker matching your ID on the packaging. Please also bring a copy of your official counterfoil prescription or letter from a registered practitioner.
- You are only permitted to bring the dosage for that day
- All medication will undergo normal security processes upon entry. At the discretion of the Front Gate Manager / Security Manager, it may be required to be cloaked at ‘Anything Anytime’.
If needed, equipment to support your medical or accessibility needs. If you’re unsure what you can bring for accessibility needs, please email: email@example.com
Safety and licensing regulations require us to perform a full search of your bags before entering the festival to ensure you are not bringing in any illegal or prohibited items.
These are all the prohibited things you can’t bring into the festival – that is, what security will be looking for in a bag search:
- Aerosol cans.
- Alcohol of any kind.
- Animals (excluding registered assistant/working animals).
- Any political, religious, offensive, or race-related materials.
- Balls or sporting equipment; skateboards, roller blades, skates, scooters, bicycles and hoverboards.
- Bags over the size of A4 piece of paper (30cm x 20 cm)
- Eskies or picnic baskets (soz!).
- Flares, fire, fireworks, candles, sparklers, compressed gas, or explosives
- Furniture, tents, sun shelters, marquees.
- Flyers and any un-approved marketing materials.
- Glass items.
- Hand sanitiser, cosmetics, and other fluids larger than 50ml. (Only 1 item permitted)
- Hi-visibility clothing or vests, or any costumes that resembles public safety or emergency services
- Helium Balloons
- Illegal substances including drugs and paraphernalia.
- Inflatables, including balls, seating and floaties
- Laser pointers, lights and lightsaber wands.
- Milk/bread crates
- Markers, pens or spray paint
- Non-biodegradable glitter.
- Outside drink (your water bottle must be empty when entering the venue).
- Outside food (unless you contact us for medical reasons prior – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Over the counter medication
- Professional or commercial photography or recording equipment including drones or other remote flying devices.
- Protest flags or banners
- Prams or strollers
- Really loud things like air horns, whistles, other horns or musical instruments, sound amplifiers including loudhailers, sound systems or public address systems.
- Selfie sticks and flag sticks.
- Stickers,toy guns, water pistols and smoke bombs.
- Un-authorized vending
- Weapons and dangerous items like knives, cutlery, chains, fireworks, even spiked or studded accessories, and stilettos.
- Any other items considered illegal or dangerous.
While we do our best to be exhaustive with this list, Yours & Owls Management and Security reserves the right to use their discretion and deny entry of any items deemed dangerous or nuisance.
Yours & Owls and Event Staff may confiscate any Prohibited Items or any other items which Yours & Owls, in its absolute discretion, considers may be used in an illegal, unsafe, antisocial or offensive manner. Confiscated items will not be returned, replaced or reimbursed. If you are found in possession of any Prohibited Item, you may be refused entry or evicted from the Event.
Yours & Owls reserve the right to amend, modify, or update the conditions of entry and the list of prohibited items for the festival without prior notice. By attending the festival, all attendees agree to comply with the conditions of entry and adhere to the list of prohibited items as updated by Yours & Owls. Yours and Owls will make reasonable efforts to communicate any changes to the conditions of entry and the list of prohibited items through the official festival website, social media channels, or other appropriate means.
It is the responsibility of the attendees to stay informed about any updates or changes before attending the festival – best play is to check the website before setting out for day one of the festival to make sure everything you plan to bring complies with the most up-to-date info!
A full list of prohibited items can be found in our T&C’s.
Security and police will be present at the festival. We ask that everyone extends common courtesy to security, police and event staff. Police may have sniffer dogs randomly roaming the front entrance and throughout the festival.
Once on, your wristband is your ticket. If you lose it, it cannot be replaced… so look after it! Anyone found without a wristband will be escorted from the festival.
Sure, so long as you’re away from all food service and dining zones, in a designated smoking area. If you are found to be smoking elsewhere, you will be asked to move on. Failure to comply could see you being asked to leave the event. Please be considerate and think about how your smoking may affect others around you.