FAQ’s / T&C’s
T&Cs / FAQs
WHEN & WHERE IS THE YOURS & OWLS FESTIVAL 2019?
Saturday 5th October: 12pm – 11pm
Sunday 6th October: 12pm – 10pm
Stuart Park, North Wollongong (entrance is off Squires Way)
Please be safe and smart whilst crossing roads to get to the event, use pedestrian crossings where possible and look out for each other.
BUYING A TICKET
Tickets are available online HERE
This is strictly an over 18’s event, anyone under 18 will NOT be permitted
- Tickets cannot be refunded, and lost tickets cannot be replaced. Please treat your tickets like cash – they are irreplaceable
- We recommend only purchasing tickets through the official Yours & Owls ticketing platform, to avoid disappointment. Re-sold tickets purchased from sites such as Viagogo, Ticketmaster Resale & The Ticket Merchant tend to be fake or not valid
- Occasionally changes to the line-up, playing times and playing days will occur. Yours & Owls may change the line-up, location and/or date of the event without prior notification. In the event of change of the date or line-up Yours & Owls will do its best to accommodate special circumstances, however is under no obligation to refund tickets
- The Promoter and the Venue accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering or within the Venue whether caused by the negligence of the Promoter or Venue otherwise – you enter the event at your own risk
- Any footage or photographs captured at this event, can be used for promotional purposes by the festival Promoter
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone intoxicated or under the influence of drugs, and will not refund any admission paid
- By purchasing ticket’s, you indicate that you have read, understood and accept all conditions put forward by Yours & Owls Events or Moshtix
- For all other ticketing enquiries, please contact Moshtix
WHAT FORMS OF ID ARE ACCEPTABLE
Current Australian Driver’s License with a photo, Current Passport, Government issued Proof of Age Card, International Driver’s License with Photo, NSW Photo card, Key Pass (over-18 identity card)
WHAT TO BRING
- Tickets – if your ticket is on your phone please have it ready with brightness all the way up for a stress-free entry
- Fully charged phone
- Empty water bottle to fill up at drinking water stations (no glass)
- Sun protection, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times (thongs are ok)
- Something warm for the evening weather as it can get chilly. Umbrellas are not permitted so if it looks like rain bring a poncho or raincoat instead
- A big fat smile, and a positive attitude J
There are NO Passouts/Re-entry, so please remember to have everything you need with you when entering.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
The following items are prohibited:
- BYO ALCOHOL
- ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES INCLUDING DRUGS OR DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
- BAGS OVER THE SIZE OF AN A4 PIECE OF PAPER (30CM X 20CM)
- PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS OR RECORDING DEVICES
- ESKIES, FLASK OR THERMOSES
- (EMPTY RE-USABLE DRINK BOTTLES ARE OK)
- GLASS OR METAL ITEMS INCLUDING CUTLERY
- FURNITURE/UMBRELLAS, CHAIRS, TENTS, SUN SHELTERS, MARQUEES
- AEROSOL CANS
- ANIMALS (EXCEPT GUIDE DOGS OR OTHER ANIMALS THAT PROVIDE ASSISTANCE)
- BALLS, SPORTING EQUIPMENT, BICYCLES, HOVER-BOARDS, ROLLER BLADES, SKATEBOARDS, SKATES OR SCOOTERS
- CLUB PATCHES OR JACKETS
- DISPOSABLE BBQS
- FIREWORKS, FLARES OR SPARKLERS
- FLAGS OR BANNERS
- INFLATABLES INCLUDING FURNITURE OR BEACHBALLS
- WATER PISTOLS
- LASER POINTERS-PENS OR LIGHTS
- LOUD HALIERS, SOUND SYSTEMS OR PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEMS
- EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE TO PEOPLE WITH ALLERGIES OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- PICNIC BASKETS
- SELFIE STICKS
- SOFT DRINKS, CANS, BOTTLES OR ANY OTHER NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- DRONES OR OTHER REMOTE FLYING DEVICES
- STUDDED/SPIKED ITEMS SUCH AS BELTS, WRISTBANDS OR LARGE CHAINS
- WEAPONS OF ANY KIND INCLUDING POTENTIAL MISSILES
- WHISTLES, HORNS, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
- OTHER OBJECTS CONSIDERED BY THE PROMOTER AND THE VENUE DEEMS TO BE DANGEROUS OR CAPABLE OF CAUSING PUBLIC NUISANCE THAT COULD BE USED TO DISTRACT, OBSTRUCT OR INTERFERE WITH ANY PERFORMER
IS THE YOURS & OWLS FESTIVAL ACCESSIBLE TO ALL
We have made a number of provisions to ensure our events are accessible to all. These include provision of a complimentary carer ticket, accessible entrance lanes, accessible viewing area, accessible toilet facilities and a dedicated drop off/pick up zone closest to the festival entrance on Squires Way.
It is suitable for people in a wheelchair. However, as the concert site is predominantly flat grass parkland and after rain part of the park tends to be soft and boggy, we do recommend being accompanied by a carer/companion to navigate your way around the site stress free.
To request a companion card ticket, you must hold a valid NSW companion card. Please send through a copy of your companion card with a valid ticket confirmation for companion and name & email of companion to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On show day, our customer service staff will be available if you need assistance in accessing the concert site. Please email email@example.com if you wish to pre-arrange assistance or have any further inquiries.
This is strictly an over 18’s event, anyone under 18 will NOT be permitted.
Yours & Owls hold a separate under 18’s event at a different location, please check website for more details.
#PARTY WITH A PURPOSE
BE KIND & LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER
Yours & Owls wants everyone to have a good time, we love all walks of life and welcome them into this environment openly. We DO NOT tolerate discrimination of any kind or anti-social/aggressive behaviour.
Management reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a ticket holder for behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance or for failure to comply with reasonable requests.
Discrimination, aggressive or anti-social behaviour is totally unacceptable and will result in ejection from the venue and potentially handed over to Police.
So please be kind, look out for one another, be mindful of other people’s personal space, most definitely have fun – but not at anyone else’s expense, and PLEASE know your limits and drink responsibly – no one wants to be a burden on their friend’s, right??
If you or your friend are not feeling/looking well, please feel comfortable to approach Yours and Owls staff, security or First Aid for assistance… We are here to help J
CAN I BRING MY OWN ALCOHOL INTO THE FESTIVAL
Yours & Owls is strictly no BYO alcohol and no glass can be brought into nor taken from the venue. This is a fully licensed event with full bar service available. Patrons must observe and adhere to the local licensing laws and responsible service of alcohol practices.
The following Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) guidelines will be implemented at the event:
- All drinks will be opened at the point of service
- Bar service will cease 30 minutes prior to cessation of the event
- Intoxicated patrons will be asked to leave the event
- Low and mid strength alcohol options will always be available
- Free water stations will be available throughout the festival to fill up your water bottles
- Food options will be available before, during and after bar opening times
- Non-alcoholic beverage alternatives will be available throughout the event
- No glass will be served, with all beverages being decanted into paper cups where required
- Bag checks will be undertaken at the gate to prevent the entry of alcohol in the event
- Security will monitor exit points to prohibit drinks from leaving the declared area upon completion
- No pass outs/no re entry – You cannot leave the event and then re enter. This is an RSA requirement, so we are able to monitor alcohol consumption/intoxication
AS A CONDITION OF OUR LIQOUR LICENCE, ANYONE DEEMED TO BE INTOXICATED BY STAFF OR SECURITY MUST BE EJECTED FROM THE VENUE, SO PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY, KNOW YOUR LIMITS AND KEEP UP THE H2O
IS THERE FOOD AVAILABLE INSIDE THE EVENT
There will be 30 delicious food vendors available to choose from through-out the event, serving a great range of hot/cold meals, desserts, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks to meet all of your dietary needs. No outside food is to be brought into the event.
Please be responsible and if you plan to have a few drinks, remember to eat before/after.
STAY HYDRATED – KEEP UP THE H2O
Please remember to drink water and stay hydrated.
Free drinking water outlets are provided through out the event. You may bring empty water bottles for free refills. Whilst plastic water bottles are preferred, aluminium will also be accepted but definitely NO GLASS. However, security has the right to confiscate them from anyone behaving inappropriately.
WHAT IF I HURT MYSELF OR DON’T FEEL WELL AT THE YOURS & OWLS FESTIVAL
St John Ambulance will be available on site for your first aid needs. You can visit them at the one of the First Aid tents (location marked on the map) or approach one of the First Aid staff roving throughout event.
Remember to stay cool, wear appropriate sun protection e.g sunscreen, hat, sunglasses etc and keep up the H2O to avoid heat exhaustion/stroke. There will be chill out zones throughout the festival if you feel like you need some time out and St John ambulance will have sunscreen available if you forgot to apply/need to re-apply.
Please look out for one another. If you notice someone or your-self are not looking/feeling well, please don’t be afraid to ask St John First Aid or any Yours & Owls staff member for help.
HOW DO I PAY FOR THINGS AT YOURS & OWLS
We will be using a cashless system for this event. A wristband will be applied to your wrist upon entry of the festival, which will hold its own unique RFID electronic chip. You will need to load credit onto your wristband at the top up stations to purchase any drinks, food or merchandise.
All left over money is fully refundable at either the top up station before you leave or online for up to 7 days after the event. (You can find the web address and your unique wristband ID on the back off your wristband.)
WHAT IF I LOSE MY WRISTBAND
Your wristband becomes your ticket. There is no reason you should lose your wristband and wristbands cannot be replaced… So look after it! Anyone found without a wristband will be escorted from the festival.
If your wristband is cut off you by security/staff on your way out of the event, it is your responsibility to remember whether you have money left on it. There is absolutely no way for us to find your unique wristband code and we cannot be held accountable for any money you may have had left on there.
CAN I LEAVE THE FESTIVAL AND COME BACK LATER
No! There are ‘NO PASSOUTS/RE-ENTRY’, meaning you will not be able to leave and re-enter the festival later that day. This is a license restriction enforced by the NSW government (department of liquor, gaming & racing) to be able to monitor alcohol consumed.
So please ensure that you dress appropriately for the weather and take everything that you require into the festival upon arrival e.g medications, phone, jacket
IS THERE A CLOAKROOM
Locker hire will be available as a cloakroom this year at $10 per day. To avoid disappointment of missing out on a locker at the festival, you can pre-arrange locker hire through – https://bsafemobilelockers.com.au/product/yours-and-owls/
The lockers/cloakroom will be located just after the information tent on the right-hand side as you enter.
Please remember, bags over the size of an A4 piece of paper will be prohibited from the festival so please don’t plan to bring a massive bag to leave in the locker, as you will not be able to get it through the gates.
Security and Police will be present at the festival. They are there to ensure everyone’s safety, so that we can all have a good time. We ask that everyone shares common courtesy with security, Police and event employees that you would your mates.
Police will have sniffer dogs randomly roaming the front entrance and throughout the festival.
Prior to the ticket gate entry, we are required to execute a full search of your accompanying bags to ensure you are not in possession of alcohol or other illegal or prohibited items. Should these items be in your possession you may be refused access to the event and potentially hit with an infringement/court notice by Police.
CAN I SMOKE INSIDE THE EVENT
Designated smoking area’s will be available throughout the site. If you are found to be smoking outside of these areas you will be asked to move and may be asked to leave the event. Please be considerate and think of how your smoking may affect others around you.
HOW DO I GET TO THE YOURS & OWLS FESTIVAL
North Wollongong Train Station is your closest station to Stuart Park.
Please refer to Transport NSW to plan your trip
Yours & Owls will be providing a free shuttle bus that will run roughly every 15 minutes between Wollongong CBD, North Wollongong Train Station, Wollongong Surf Leisure Resort and the Festival Site 11.30am – 11.30pm.
Wollongong City Free shuttle buses (route numbers 55A & 55C) runs every 20 mins between 8am and 6pm, you can check their timetable + all other Premier bus timetables HERE
There is very limited parking around Stuart Park.
UOW Innovation Campus have kindly let us use their P5 carpark for festival parking, so you may be best parking there, somewhere in the CBD, or near the North Wollongong train station and catching one of our free shuttles that run roughly every 15 minutes.
There will be a Taxi drop off zone just outside the Festival entrance along Squires Way (city bound), this will also turn into a Taxi pick up zone towards the end of the event. An additional Taxi pick up zone will be located along Cliff Road outside the North Beach Surf Club (city bound) as the Festival concludes each night.
Please be safe and smart crossing roads to get to/away the event, use pedestrian crossings where possible and look out for each other.
WILL THE FESTIVAL BE CANCELLED IF ITS RAINING
This is an outdoor concert, so we play rain or shine. You may bring wet weather protection such as ponchos and raincoats however umbrellas are not permitted. If it rains, the show will go on. The show will only be abandoned if conditions are deemed dangerous. Refunds will only be available at the point of purchase, if a show is abandoned or cancelled. The decision to cancel a show will be made on show day. In the event of inclement weather patrons should check on Yours and Owls Facebook page BEFORE departing for the show for messages regarding traffic, parking or wet weather arrangements.
YOURS & OWLS WANTS EVERYONE TO HAVE A GREAT TIME. PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR YOUR MATES AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOURSELF. KNOW YOUR LIMITS, STAY HYDRATED AND STAY COOL! OUR MEDICS ARE HERE TO HELP IF YOU OR ANYONE FEELS UNWELL, OR IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE OR UNCOMFORTABLE PLEASE CHAT WITH OUR STAFF OR SECURITY J